I want to get more comfortable being uncomfortable. I want to get more confident being uncertain. I don’t want to shrink back just because something isn’t easy. I want to push back, and make more room in the area between I can’t and I can.
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Not everyone will understand your journey. That’s fine. It’s not their journey to make sense of. It’s yours.
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When (not IF) you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when (not IF) you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When (not IF) you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God. . . since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you.
Isaiah 43: 1-4 (The Message)
August: 325 miles. 56,867′ of climbing and downhill.
- week 1: 102.5 miles. 13,870′
- week 2: 54.33 miles. 12,572′
- week 3: 93 miles. 17,874′
- week 4: 51.59 miles. 8,300′
- week 5: 24.25 miles. 4,281′
- This month was mostly trail. My goal this month was to hit two BIG mileage weeks. I hit 102.5 and 93! VERY happy. I do deviate from my plan, from time to time. The 102 mile week was more tiring than my 93 mile week. My 93 mile week had more climbing by approximately 4,000′ than the 102 mile week. My 93 mile week was my highest climbing week at 17,874′.
- My original training plan called for 934 miles in 17 weeks
- I deviated a bit on the plan and ended with 1091 miles in 17 weeks
- Weeks 10-15 in my original plan were scheduled as: 64, 70, 54, 70, 49 & 70 in miles.
- I changed weeks 10-15 to: 71, 82, 65, 102, 54 & 93 in miles.
- I’ll follow the same taper as the original plan.
- Going into this race healthy at the line!!
New this month: I finished with my trainer early in the month. I spent the last 3 1/2 weeks of August, focusing only on running. Still doing the 3 P’s (pull ups, push ups, planks). I really miss the gym. I love lifting weights!
Looking ahead: Pine 2 Palm, N E X T week!
You did not disappoint in April. Looking forward to seeing you again! Good bye, temporarily, to humidity. Hello to tall trees, BIG climbs, BIG vistas, Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise.
Longingly. . .
- Lululemon, Speed Track Short, 6″ inseam. LOVE, LOVE them. In fact, I wore them every running day for 5 days. (washed them between runs) Usually, I am hesitant to buy tight shorts with an inseam shorter than 9″. These are awesome. Two great side pockets, a tiny pocket within the side pocket for your key or key fob. They are on sale right now in store for $44.00.
- Dry max socks!! These are thick and comfy. I bought the max cushioned pair, $25.00.
Imagine that day, where you can finally say, “I did it!” When you can say, “I never gave up, I never quit!” Imagine that day when you win that gold medal, or cross the finish line. Where these moments of pain turn into memories for that goal you wanted to obtain. It might take long to reach that moment, but as soon as you get there you’ll thank yourself for the rest of your life.